Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pick of the Day

Houston -2.5 @ Los Angeles Clippers
Basis: As of now, it is looking like Luis Scola will be in the line up tonight wearing protective goggles- I like this game even if Scola doesn't play. I like the way we match up with there somewhat eratic play. I think Hayes will be very effective guarding Kaman and Andersen can play with the likes of Marucs Camby, but DeAndre Jordan may pose a few match up problems. The key match up is how we can defend Al Thorton. If he can get hot, then it could be a difference maker. The Clippers have quite a bit of talent, but I still like this young Rockets team to battle and pull out a win at the end. Eric Gordon is listed as questionable, which downgrades their point guard play. It is also important to note that this line moved 3.5 points in favor of the Rockets already. As long as it stays under 4 points, I think it is a solid choice. Rockets by 13 in this one.
edit: I don't know what I was thinking saying that DeAndre Jordan was going to cause problems. My fault.
Late Wednesday Update: Kudos to Adelman for sticking with the second teamers + Ariza in the crunch time. We had a great balance of scoring. Budinger came in and played really well. I am really proud of Scola for playing through the eye problem, and Budinger playing through the sprained ankle. It was nice to see Novak get some minutes, as he always holds a special spot in my heart for hitting the game winner in game 8 of the 22 game streak, but, right when he got in the new and improved Rocket Novak- Budinger- rained a 3 on him. I really enjoy watching Kaman play- the dude never, ever bitches about the officials. It is quite refreshing to see, especially for someone who plays down low. Sorry, I was 4 points off on the 13 point win prediction. I am very confident that if I picked all 82 Rocket games against the spread during the season that I would have a record of at worst 65-17. I would do this, but the problem lies within my moral beliefs. I could never tell someone to bet against my team. Anyway, great win. See you in Golden State tomorrow. Travel safely fellas.
Pick of the Day Record: 10-7-1

No comments:

Post a Comment