Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pick of the Day

Parlay: Boston +1.5 @ San Antonio and Miami +8.5 @ Denver

Basis: Miami is on a much needed road trip where they can actually grow as a team instead of playing at home with the pressure of the fans to get it going. We saw them take a step the other night by getting the W in Portland. I like their improvement to continue tonight in Denver. They may not win, but I like them to fight and keep it close throughout. Have I mentioned how much I like 8+point underdoggs in the NBA? I love them. Both Boston and San Antonio are on 5 game win streaks, but I take the Celtics here because of favorable matchups. I have a feeling that this game could get ugly. Boston has owned Tim Duncan over the last few seasons, and I don't see why that would change tonight. Once again, parlay these two games. And, for clarification, I am playing this parlay as ONE game in my POTD record, not two- because I will parlay them as well.
Thursday Night Update: My Celtics pick was flawless. The Heat are struggling right now, but remember- this is a game of runs. Stay tuned. Miami laid an egg. Sorry followers. I should have just stuck with the one game I liked. Future tip- don't bet parlays. Doc C once told me that his bookie said you can call him at anytime while he is doing anything and he will pick up the phone for a parlay bet. This was bad judgement on my part.
Pick of the Day Record: 10-8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment