Tuesday, December 1, 2009

There will be no pick of the day today, but if you feel like gambling take Boston -3.5 @ Charlotte. Today and tonight will be used for one thing: remembering Coach Bowden. I will be watching ESPN Classic all night and will not have time for NBA games. I apologize to people who were looking for me to get on a roll- it will have to wait another day.
Thank you for all you have done Coach Bowden. I have already booked airfare, hotel, and gotten Gator Bowl tickets. The Gator Bowl better freaking take us like they said. See you in Jacksonville, Coach. At least I hope to see you in Jacksonville.
The world is a funny place, you know. I wanted Coach Bowden to step down, but I never imagined it would hurt this much. It's hard to be happy about it. The man just has so much pride. You cannot fault someone for believing in himself and his skills to get something done, and I failed miserably here by bashing him. I try to live my life without regrets, and for the most part I have succeeded in this- not this time. I try to look at every mistake I make, and believe me-I have made my share, as a learning experience and not as an experience to regret. But, I wholeheartedly regret the negativity that I shared with regards to Coach Bowden. I think it is fair to say that it is time to move forward, but I just wish it had gone down differently and that I had acted differently. I want what is best for the football program, but losing Coach Bowden is just a shot to the heart. He is the only coach I know. It's a tough day for the Nole Nation. Thanks for everything Coach. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment