Friday, November 20, 2009

Pick of the Day

Houston +7 @ Atlanta

Basis: I absolutely refuse to bet Florida State games, but I will, on occasion, bet Rockets games- and I will only bet for them, never against them. I do this about 10 times a year and I have been quite successful. Anyway, I just really believe that we will make a statement tonight. It's not too often that you get a chance for a big statement game this early in the year, and I like us to take advantage. I would advise to take the money line, but given our inability to play well in close games in the 4th so far this year, I would just take the points.

Late Friday Update: Wow. What a perfect pick. And my prediction of not betting the money line because of our inability to play a close game was right on the money. We, of course, had a 5 point lead and start standing around on the offensive end and give up a 17-2 run before we decide to start attacking again. Really a tough loss. I am very, very upset right now. So frustrated. We are in trouble tomorrow. Pick of the day tomorrow may very well be Sacramento but I can't give that because it is against the Rockets. I have so many thoughts about the Rocks right now, but I will save those for another day. To steal one from Denny Green- "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" They really were. We are better than they are. We really are a top 5 team in the league. But, you aren't a top tier team in everyone's eyes, or more importantly the record's eyes, until you can win close games. We have made beautiful strides all year, but the big stride is winning close games. This was the 4th time this year where we have struggled in a close 4th quarter. We HAVE to come ready tomorrow or we will get beat. Go Rockets. We lost 105-103

Pick of the Day Record: 3-1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment