Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Yeast



I'd like to start this blog by stating that I will never in my life succumb to the pressures of becoming a Mavs fan. Shout out to the Rocks and our newest arrival, Ariza.
It's an honor to have a guest spot here on "A Ride on the Chuck Wagon." Word up to Skittle and BPE. For those of you that don't know me, I am Big Yeast. I just recently moved from Houston to Dallas, so I will be giving this blog a more "North Texas" perspective. And by that, I mean I will mostly be blogging about rap music and discussing other important issues, such as what I did over the weekend and other significant events that are happening in my life.
To start, I bought an iPhone yesterday. The thing is sick...the AT&T network is going to revolutionize my life. I paid the $200 to default on my contract and told T-Mobile to suck it. Never get a phone with T-Mobile and especially don't go to the store on Lemmonn Ave. in Dallas...they like to accuse people of breaking already shitty, broken phones. But who cares...I'm rollin' 3G now bitches. Hit me up on Loopt.
On that same note, Pandora radio is also revolutionizing my life. I become more and more impressed with the "Music Genome Project" every day. And now that I can stream Pandora on my iPhone, it's game over.
Here is a list of some of the best rap CD's ever made, in no certain order:
1. Est. 1999 - Bone Thugs
2. Illmatic - Nas
3. Ready to Die - Biggie
4. All Eyez on Me - Tupac
5. Doggystyle - Snoop Dogg
6. Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 50 Cent
7. The Chronic 2001 - Dr. Dre
8. Out of Color - Iced Out Eskimoz
9. Vol 2...Hard Knock Life - Jay-Z
10. Licensed to Ill - Beastie Boys
11. Let the Truth Be Told - Z-Ro
I love rap music. I grew up listening to Tupac and West Coast rap exclusively, but have, within the past 3 years or so, broadened my horizons drastically after taking about a year-long hiatus from the game. Artists like Soulja Boy and the GS Boyz are a black-eye on the industry. The "Stanky Leg," really? To quote Ice T: “We came all the way from Rakim, we came all the way from Das EFX, we came all the way from motherfuckers flowing like Big Daddy Kane and Ice Cube, and you come with that Superman shit? That shit is garbage.”
The funny thing about all of this is that their records sell. Soulja Boy went Platinum! That's one million records sold! Is it really that easy to make money these days?
When I think of all-time worst rap, I think of songs like "This Is Why I'm Hot." Here's the chorus:
This is why I'm hot
This is why
This is why
This is why I'm hot
This is why I'm hot
This is why
This is why I'm hot
I'm hot cause I'm fly
You ain't cause you're not
This is why
This is why
This is why I'm hot
Here's Dr. Seuss:
I am Sam
I am Sam
Sam I am
That Sam-I-am!
Than Sam-I-am!
I do not like
that Sam-I-am!
Do you like
green eggs and ham?
By today's standards, Seuss was a straight thug. "This Is Why I'm Hot" is another certified Platinum single. I think I may drop out of the oil/gas game and start rapping children's books to catchy beats.
That being said, Notorious BIG is a saint. Although you really can't compare his style with Pac's, he is starting to take over the #1 spot in my book. Songs like "Unbelievable" make the world go round. It's a shame they both aren't still around to make great music. Lil Wayne is also sick, but I don't think he's the savior that the entire state of Louisiana thinks he is. Anything is better than the Stanky Leg, though.
The last thing I will adress is how much I hate Major League Baseball. This is obviously the worst time of the year for sports because it is the only thing on TV. They are trying to figure out where Lebron would go in the NFL draft for God's sake...things are pretty slow I'd say. My hate for the MLB all stems from the commissioner, Bud Selig.
You see, baseball was all but dead after the umpire strike in 1994. Then, in 1998, the sport was revived after the Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa homerun race. Now, the sport is back on the down-slope after Jose Canseco and the Mitchell Report destroyed any credibility the sport had. The best, most valuable players in the league are getting suspended for almost 1/4 of the season for taking fertility drugs! Bud Selig can suck it. Talk about hypocrisy. He is punishing players for "abusing" the very thing that saved his ass and his league in the first place. No shit homerun records were broken...McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds aren't real human beings. I guess no one noticed that McGuire was a 35-year-old man that could hit 70 homeruns in a season, all with a case of terrible acne. Ken Griffey, Jr. and Lance Berkman are my heroes.
That's all I got. Keep it real.
Yeast

No comments:

Post a Comment