Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Top 10 Favorite and Top 10 Least Favorite Current NBA Players

I would like to preface this post saying that I will have a ten part post describing the Dos Bomb's ten favorite and ten least favorite NBA Players. The criteria used is simply my criteria. I will give support as to why I don't like some players and why I like others, and I know most will not agree with my opinions. That is your right people. Please be advised that some of the greatest players in the game will be on my Top 10 Least Favorite List because afterall, this is my blog, and what I say in this forum is the law. We will begin the countdown with No. 10 Best Liked and No. 10 Least Liked. Let's get it started.



No. 10 Least Liked: Tim Duncan
I have to steal a line from the famous anchorman Ron Burgandy here: "I hate you Tim Duncan....but God Dammit do I respect you". I don't have any idea where else to start. Tim is easily one of my least favorite players in the game for one of my least favorite teams in the game. Don't be surprised to find a certain teammate or two of his on this list later on down the line. His game just doesn't suit my eye, but he is very effective. He will go down as one of the top 10 players of all time and he is also going down in my top 10 least favorite players. I really do have great respect for Tim Duncan and am absolutely in love with Coach Pop. Shot out to Poo Keeper by the way, although I know that deep down inside, in his heart, in his soul, he is a closet Rockets fan. I look forward to having a valiant fight for Texas next year against the Spurs.



No. 10 Best Liked: Ron Artest

Don't start freaking out Rocket Fans. I am no traitor. But, I have got to put Ron Ron in my top ten because I simply can't forget what he meant to me last year and the ride The Rockets took me on. Yes, it has come out that he was tardy a lot, even to game 7 against the eventual champion Lakers, and he also showed up only in his underwear, but think about it.......would we have done as well as we did without him? You can scream to me the statistics of him shooting the ball horribly in the playoffs and not very well in the regular season. You can tell me that he took shots at inopportune times, and yelled at our inexperienced team. You can tell me that he was a ball stopper. You can tell me that he lost his skill to defend perimeter players and lost a step offensively. All of these are valid points......to an extent. After hearing this from all of you my response would be short and sweet: he changed the attitude of our team. We were tough. We were never afraid. We played hard. And I believe a lot of this is owed to Ron Artest being a Rocket and I am confident it will carry over to this year even without him. That being said, Ron is easily the weirdest person of all time. The dude is flat out crazy. But, I would like to take this time to thank him for instilling the passion and dedication and fearlessness into My Rockets. I hope you ruin the Lakers next year Ron. Have fun with Hollyweird L.A. (thank you mystery contributer to AROTCW).



Check back soon for the number 9s.



6/3 = ?

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to the battle for Texas as well. You know you want Pop. Let's do some Rocks-Spurs home and home road trips. GSG.

    ReplyDelete